How To Measure Your Kitchen or Bath For New Cabinets
Accurate measurements of your kitchen or bath are important in designing your new cabinets. Please follow the steps listed in this kitchen and bath planner and give the information to your Jarlin Cabinetry product specialist.
You will need to carefully configure the exact dimensions of your room. Your completed floor plan should resemble the diagram below. Be sure to show exact locations of doors, windows, hood vents, exhaust, gas lines, water line, drain line, outlets, switches, light fixtures and heat vents.
Using a tape measure and graph paper, measure your room using the following steps.
1. Measure from wall to wall at 36" height
2. Measure from corner to window or door opening.
3. Measure across opening from trim edge to trim edge.
4. Measure from edge of trim to far wall.
5. Mark exact location of water, drain, gas lines, electrical outlets & switches on drawing.
6. Measure from wall to wall above window.
7. Measure from floor to window sill.
8. Measure from window sill to top of window. 9. Measure from top of window to ceiling. 10. Measure from floor to ceiling.
NOTE: ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK MEASUREMENTS.